Thursday, September 24, 2009

Meet ME!

This week's EtsyBloggers Blog Carnival Topic is either show yourself or your studio. Since I don't really have a studio, I'm showing me! LOL.

Let's see.... I'm Jordan, I'm sure you never guessed that (haha) and that is where I got my biz name from. I thought for weeks on a biz name and came back to my own name. I have two sons, Cody who is 4 years old and Carter who is 2 years old. They keep me VERY busy but somewhere better all the breaking up of fights I manage to get some work done. :) I've been with my love Scott for the past 5 years and we live here in North Carolina with our 2 boys.

More about sewing... I often get asked how long I've been sewing or how I learned. I think I learned to sewing when I was about 9 or 10 years old. I was involved in 4-H and took a holiday class to learn how to make a vest. That was my very first project. There were several others in the class that had an interest in sewing as well so a sewing club was formed. I learned a lot more in the club about sewing and techniques and that next Christmas, Santa brought me my very own sewing machine. Up until a couple months ago, I've still be sewing on that same machine. There was a period of time in my teenage years when I probably didn't touch my sewing machine for years, but right after my second son was born in 2007, I picked it up again and here I am!

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Its always nice getting to know and especially see our fellow teammates.

cindy said...

I like the Halloween bags! Very nice. I used to sew myself, a few years ago. Gave away my beautiful serger, (wish I hadn't), but jewelry making has taken over my life now.

Memories for Life said...

Nice to meet you Jordan :)
I got started crafting through 4-H too!!!

TiLT said...

nice to get to know you more :) My oldest's name is Cody too...but he's got yours beat by 10 years...my youngest is your Cody's age though - fun age!

Splendid Little Stars said...

a fun post! It's always interesting to hear how people became interested in their craft.